Download the January 15th agenda including any exhibits
Please wait a moment for the download, as it may be a large file.
(Need Adobe Reader? Click here if your having trouble opening the file)
Download the January 15th Board Meeting audio MP3 file
The most recent audio file will not be available until the day after the meeting.
New agendas are posted the day prior to the meeting.
CITY OF PASS CHRISTIAN
MEETING OF THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN
JANUARY 15, 2019, 6:00 P.M.
- Call to Order
- Prayer and Pledge
- Roll Call
- Consider approving minutes of the January 2, 2019 Regular Mayor and Board of Aldermen meeting, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. A-1.
- Consider approving minutes of the January 7, 2019 Special Recess Mayor and Board of Aldermen meeting, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. A-2.
- Consider request from St. Paul Carnival Association to purchase a full-page ad in the 2019 Carnival Ball Program in the amount of $150.00, this bringing favorable notice to the resources and opportunities of the City. A-3.
- Consider approving annual donation to Pass Christian Volunteer Fire Department in the amount of $2,000.00 for fiscal year 2019, this bringing favorable notice to the resources and opportunities of the City, as requested by J. W. Dedeaux, PCVF Chief. A-4.
- Consider approving request from Pass Christian Public Library for the use of and waiver of rental fee at Randolph Center on October 8, 2019 for the “One Book, One Pass” 4th annual author presentation, to be announced in early 2019, this bringing favorable notice to the resources and opportunities of the City, as requested by Wendy Allard, Librarian. A-5.
- Consider approving Work Order No. 8 (614 East Second Street Drainage Improvements) from DNA Underground, LLC in the amount of $82,363.00 under the City’s Annual Unit Price Contract as recommended by Bob Escher, City Engineer. A-6.
- Consider approving request by Project Management Institute Mississippi Gulf Coast Chapter (PMIMGC) to conduct remedial restorative action on the 7-seven foot eagle located adjacent to the Splash Pad in Memorial Park, as requested by Randy Shaw, Waterfront Director. A-7.
- Consider hiring James “Marty” Tiller as the Harbormaster, effective January 16, 2019 at a rate of $39,000 per year, as requested by Marian Gest, City Clerk.
- Consider hearing update on City Vacation Rental Homes Ordinance.
- Consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation to approve Warrant Application PD-52-2018, Ward J & Lucinda L Guillot 113 Mulberry Lane, Parcel #0212P-01-049.001, Warrant Application to angle the footprint of the house, in the T3R Single-Family Residential Zone, as requested by Danit Simon, City Planner. PD-1.
- Consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation to approve Warrant Application PD-53-2018, Michael Fritz as agent for Victor P III & Heather B Fetter, 1004 W Beach Boulevard, Parcel #0213I-02-032.000, Warrant request for three open arches in the screening along the front façade, in the T3R Single-Family Residential Zone, as requested by Danit Simon, City Planner. PD-2.
- Consider approving request to hire Jeremy McLeod and Cody Wood as full time Firefighters with a starting salary of $32,452.00 effective February 4, 2019 pending urinalysis, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon.
- Consider approving request to purchase Key Fob System from Solar Traffic Systems in the amount of $5,557.50, lowest and best quote, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon. F-2.
Consider approving request to remove Danielle Gardner as a part-time harbor patrol, as requested by Harbor Department.
- Consider approving request to evict Mr. Peterson in slip P-316. He stated to Harbor Master Davis that he would be vacating the Harbor by 12/31/18 and has not. Mr. Peterson failed or neglected to remove their boats from the Harbor upon receipt of notice of mandatory evacuation Order from the Harbor master on September 5, 2018 for Tropical Storm Gordon.
- Consider ratifying request to accept letter of resignation from Officer Joshua Williams, effective January 4, 2019 and pay him for any comp-time and vacation pay per City policy that he may have accrued while employed, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. P-1.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
- Consider approving request to except the bid from Empire Truck Sales in the amount of $76,000.00 for the purchase of the New Dump Truck, and amend the budget accordingly (budgeted $75,000), as requested by Russell Holliman, Public Works Director.
- Consider approving request to send Lt. Dia’Mond Woodman to MSFA in Pearl, MS for Fire Officer Class from January 21-31, 2019, cost of class is $615.00, per diem of $210.00 and use of city vehicle, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon. CA-1.
- Consider approving request to send Officer John W. Dedeaux to a three-day National Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification class held February 6-8, 2019 in Biloxi, MS. Tuition is free and use of a City vehicle, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. CA-2.
- Consider receiving monthly Budget Report for December 2018 from City Clerk, as requested by Marian Gest, City Clerk. CA-3. (Will be provided prior to BOA)
- Consider approving Claims Docket in the amount of $102,383.11. CD-1.
THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN WILL ALLOW RESIDENTS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH A THREE-MINUTE TIME LIMIT ON EACH SPEAKER. NO PUBLIC QUESTIONING COMMENTS ARE ALLOWED DURING THE MEETING, UNLESS THE BOARD RECOGNIZES SUCH PERSON.