Download the September 18th agenda including any exhibits as a PDF
Please wait a moment for the download, as it may be a large file.
(Need Adobe Reader? Click here if your having trouble opening the file)
prior agendas with exhibits can be found here
Download the September 18th Board Meeting audio file in MP3 format
The most recent audio file will not be available until the day after the meeting.
CITY OF PASS CHRISTIAN
MEETING OF THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN
SEPTEMBER 18, 2018, 6:00 P.M.
- Call to Order
- Prayer and Pledge
- Roll Call
1. Consider approving minutes of the September 3, 2018 Special Mayor and Board of Aldermen meeting, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. A-1.
2. Consider approving minutes of the September 4, 2018 Regular Mayor and Board of Aldermen meeting, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. A-2.
3. Consider approving minutes of the September 6, 2018 Special Mayor and Board of Aldermen meeting, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. A-3.
4. Consider approving request from Pass Christian Public Library for the use of and waiver of fees at Randolph Center for One Book One Pass for the presentation of Katrina Cottage on Tuesday, October 10, 2018, this bringing favorable notice to the resources and opportunities of the City, as requested by Wendy Allard, Librarian.
5. Consider declaring October 2018, Racial Reconciliation Celebration Month, as requested Neddie Winters, President. A-5.
6. Consider approving recommendation to refund a portion, if not all of the rental fee ($125.00), at Randolph Center for Debra Welch. Facility did not have all of the table and chairs and renter had to supply their own, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. A-6.
7. Consider hearing update on sidewalk at North Street and Cedar Avenue.
1. Consider approving Pay Application No. 1 in the sum of $153,035.50 to Gill’s Crane & Dozer and Change Order No. 3 adjusting and reducing quantities by $330.00 to a total sum of $291,210.00 under Annual Unit Price Timber Pile Replacement Contract as recommended by City Engineer. L-1.
- Consider Gail Saik’s appeal of the Pass Christian Tree Board’s recommendation to deny the request to remove one Magnolia Tree at 127 Victoria Lane. As requested by Danit Simon, City Planner, supporting documents attached (Ms. Siak’s appeal letter will be emailed to the Mayor and Aldermen prior to the meeting), as requested by Danit Simon, City Planner. PD-1.
1. Consider declaring the property at 200 Kittiwake (parcel # 0512m-01-007.021) a public menace due to being blighted with overgrown grass and slab. In addition allow public works to cut grass and remove slab. The City of Pass Christian will then attach a lien on the property, as requested by Joel Sims, Community Development Director. CO-1.
2. Consider declaring the property owned by the State of Mississippi located at 380 Grayson Dr. (Parcel# 0312p-02-029.000), a public menace pursuant to MS Statutes Section 21-19-11. In addition allow public works to cut grass, which the State of MS should reimburse the City of Pass Christian, as requested by Joel Sims, Community Development Director. CO-2.
- Consider recommendation of Selection Committee (Malcolm F. Jones, Anthony Hall, and Kermit Anthony) to award bid for the purchase of SCADA/DATA Monitoring Systems for five of the City’s sewer lift stations and four water wells with two elevated water tanks from Control Systems, Inc. in the sum or $33,500.00 pursuant to their attached proposal dated August 28, 2018. W-1.
1. Consider approving request to hire Caleb Weaver as a full time, certified Fire Fighter. His starting salary $32,152.00. His start date is to be determined, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon.
2. Consider ratifying accepting resignation letter from FF Layne Triplett. He has requested to be put on the part time call out list. His last day of full time employment will be September 16, 2018. Please pay for all accrued time owed to him, as requested Fire Chief, Dwight Gordon. F-2.
3. Consider accepting retirement/resignation letter from Lt. Terry Lewis effective September 20, 2018. Please pay for all accrued time owed to him, as requested Fire Chief, Dwight Gordon. F-3.
4. Consider authorizing advertisement for full time Fire Fighter through November 5, 2018, as requested Fire Chief, Dwight Gordon.
1. Consider approving job description of Evidence Technician and advertise the opening from September 19, 2018 through October 1, 2018, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. P-1.
1. Consider accepting donation of $65.00 each from an anonymous donor to be used to help sponsor a football player for the 2018 Pass Raiders football season as requested by Bret Bentz, Recreation Director.
1. Consider approving request to send Lt. Dia’Mond Woodman to Ms. Fire Investigators Association, Fall Seminar, in Pearl MS, October 10-12, 2018. Registration is $175.00, room will be $244.66, per diem of $102.00 and use of city vehicle, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon. CA-1.
2. Consider accepting Certificate of Substantial Completion for Day Pier Extension as recommended by City Engineer. CA-2.
3. Consider approving Final Pay Application (#1) for Small Craft Harbor – Construction of the Day Pier under Annual Unit Price Contract with Gill’s Crane & Dozer Service, Inc. in the sum of $49,900.00 as recommended by City Engineer. CA-3.
4. Consider declaring surplus and disposing the following items located at Randolph Center and remove from City inventory. Items are broken and cannot be repaired, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. CA-4.
2-Round 60” White Table Tag# 1561 Asset # 686
5. Consider declaring the following items listed below located at the Public Works Department (301) as surplus to be disposed of due to damages/ broken and removed from inventory/fixed assets, Russell Holliman, Public Works Department. CA-5.
- 1.5 CFM Rotary Van Deep Vacuum Pump Tag# 01510
- 1/8 battery Drill 18-Volt Tag# 01525
- Fuel Pump With Meter Tag# 01527
- Fuel Pump With Meter Tag# 01529
6. Consider receiving monthly Budget Report for August 2018 from City Clerk, as requested by Marian Gest, City Clerk. CA-6. (Will be provided prior to BOA)
1. Consider approving Claims Docket in the amount of $121,171.66. CD-1.
1. Consider going into Executive Session to discuss personnel issue in the Beautification Department.
THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN WILL ALLOW RESIDENTS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH A THREE-MINUTE TIME LIMIT ON EACH SPEAKER. NO PUBLIC QUESTIONING COMMENTS ARE ALLOWED DURING THE MEETING, UNLESS THE BOARD RECOGNIZES SUCH PERSON.