Download the November 5th agenda including any exhibits
Please wait a moment for the download, as it may be a large file.
(Need Adobe Reader? Click here if your having trouble opening the file)
Download the November 5th Board Meeting audio MP3 file
The most recent audio file will not be available until the day after the meeting.
New agendas are posted the day prior to the meeting.
CITY OF PASS CHRISTIAN
MEETING OF THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN
NOVEMBER 5, 2018, 6:00 P.M.
- Call to Order
- Prayer and Pledge
- Roll Call
- Consider hearing from Toni Richardson with the Ms. Dept. of Health for establishing the Pass Christian Mayoral Health Council, as requested by Marian Gest, City Clerk.
- Consider approving minutes of the October 16, 2018 Regular Mayor and Board of Aldermen meeting, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. A-2.
- Consider hearing update on purchase of fire truck, requested by Mayor McDermott.
- Consider ratifying approving request from Reeves Elementary for use of and waiver of rental fee at Memorial Park on Friday, October 26, 2018 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for PBIS Behavior Reward field trip, this bringing favorable notice to the resources and opportunities of the City, as requested by Hope Gros, Representative. A-4.
- Consider approving request of Gulf Coast Running Club for use of Memorial Park/Gazebo and public streets for annual running event on December 15, 2018 from 6:00 a.m. to noon, this bringing favorable notice to the resources and opportunities of the City, as requested by Auglain Holmes, Representative. A-5.
- Consider approving the following City resources for annual Christmas in the Pass event December 7, 2018, this bringing favorable notice to the resources and opportunities of the City, as requested by Gabrielle Rose, Pass Christian Chamber of Commerce.
- Street Closings:
- 5-9pm 100 and 200 block of Davis Avenue
- Second Street /West edge of City Parking Lot to Fleitas
- 100 block of Fleitas & Scenic from WMP to West side of Hancock Bank
- Scenic Drive from Fleitas to Seal Ave (4:30 – 6 pm) for parade lineup
- Trash receptacles
- Public Works/Beautification to help with Decorating (Tree & Light set-up)
- Spotlight on wooden stand
- Power resources/power assistance for vendors
- Sound System
- Davis Ave Pavilion
- Police Support – Officer blocking traffic at Hwy 90 and Scenic; barricades at Fleitas and Second; Second and St Paul’s lot; Robin’s Nest in the Pass and Second Street. We need an Officer to drive the parade route ahead of Santa to make sure the route is cleared. Officers rotate between Robin’s Nest and Second and Fleitas and Second.
- Any other resources the Mayor deems necessary
- Consider hearing update on VRBO rentals within the City, as requested by Mayor McDermott.
- Consider approving the Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Pass Christian and the Dept. of Finance And Administration requesting disbursement of funds that were appropriated with Senate Bill 2002, 2018 First Extraordinary Session, Laws of 2018, as requested by Marian Gest, City Clerk. L-1.
- Consider adopting amendment to Harbor Ordinance 401 to provide provisions and penalties for the failure of any vessel owner or person in control of such vessel to remove in the event of an evacuation order, as recommended by City Attorney. L-2. (Ordinance 671)
- Consider adopting and approving Memorandum of Understanding concerning enforcement of the City’s Floodplain Prevention Ordinance required by the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) concerning Shaggy’ s Bar and Grill Restaurant at 120 South Hiern Avenue, Pass Christian, MS, as requested by City Attorney. L-3.
- Consider approving contract for Fire Protection service with Pass Christian, MS Volunteer Fire Department, Inc. effective July 1, 2017 for a four-year term to expire on June 30, 2021, Nunc pro tunc to July 1, 2017, as requested by Marian Gest, City Clerk. L-4.
- Consider ratifying Mayor’s counteroffer in the sum of $25,000 for the sale of vacant property on Barkley Drive, as requested by Mayor McDermott. L-5.
- Consider discussing acceptance of dedication of sewer lift station installed by the Pass Christian School District on the High School property situated at the NE Corner of 720 W. North Street conditioned upon School District entering into agreement with City for operation and maintenance of same and/or granting the City an easement and right of access for future maintenance, all as provided by MCA Sections 21-19-49(1) and/or 21-37-3, as amended, as requested by Malcolm Jones. L-6.
- Consider the City Planner’s recommendation to approve a Re-Subdivision Application at 118 Youngswood Loop, Tax Parcels #0312M-01-014.000 and 0312M-01-013.000. Steven P and Lauren L Rayes propose combining the two parcels, as requested by Danit Simon, City Planner. PD-1.
- Consider the City Planner’s recommendation to approve a Re-Subdivision Application at 0 West End Road, Tax Parcel #0313F-03-018.002. Andrea B and Anthony C Pace propose dividing one lot into two, as requested by Danit Simon, City Planner. PD-2.
- Consider the Planning Commission’s recommendation to approve Warrant Application PD-48-2018, Leah Rodgers as agent for Carlene Alfonso of 1APM LLC, 526 E 2nd Street, Parcel #0413D-03-025.000, Warrant Application to (1) enlarge the existing Monument Sign and exceed the maximum size, and (2) install two directional signs, in the T4L Limited Mixed-Use Zone, as requested by Danit Simon, City Planner. PD-3.
- Consider approving WPSCO Invoice # 16454 in the amount of $1,488.00 for August 2018 for non-emergency/overtime repairs per paragraph 2.09 and per current contract paragraph 2.04 “Hours of Operation” known as “Ten Hour Rule” whereby WPSCO gives the City 10 hours of overtime per week and bills for hours in excess of. Charge to account 400-704-636, as recommended by City Engineer and WPSCO. W-1.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Consider holding an Administrative hearing to declare property at 113 Wisteria to be a public menace pursuant to Section 21-19-11 of the Mississippi Code, as requested by Joel Sims, Code Official. CO-1.
- Consider approving request to purchase FireDex FXR (khaki) bunker gear in the amount of $1796.00 from Bay St. Louis for FF Gnau, as it was only 3 months old when she came to work for the City and was sized to fit her, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon.
- Consider approving the purchase of maintenance trailer in the amount of $4,969.00 from Lewis Tractor Trailer being the lower of the two quotes received to be paid from 117-751-919, as requested by Harbormaster Davis. H-1.
- Consider approving the purchase of Dock Cleats in the amount of $25,653.00 from J.C. Macelroy Co., Inc. to be paid out of account 117-751-911, as requested by Harbormaster Davis.
- Consider approving purchase of a portable electronic radar speed sign from Elan City at a cost of $3,179.00. The TRPOA $3,500 restricted donation was accepted at the 9/6/18 BOA meeting, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks.
- Consider ratifying accepting letter of resignation from Investigator Mechelle Carbine, effective October 15, 2018 and pay her for any comp-time and vacation pay per City policy that she may have accrued while employed, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. P-2.
- Consider accepting letter of resignation from Officer Phillip Carden effective November 7, 2018 and pay him for any comp-time and vacation pay per City policy that he may have accrued while employed, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. P-3.
- Consider ratifying accepting letter of resignation from Animal Control Officer Donald Jones, effective October 30, 2018 and pay him for any comp-time and vacation pay per City policy that he may have accrued while employed, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. P-4.
- Consider approving inter-departmental request to transfer Johnnie Jones from Public Works to the Police Department as the Community Services Officer with a starting salary of $23,920 effective November 6, 2018.
- Consider approving recommendation to hire Clinton Guenther to fill the existing vacancy in patrol with hire date of November 6, 2018 and a starting salary of $28,452. Position has a one year probationary period, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks.
- Consider approving recommendation to hire Stepheon Johnson to fill one of the existing vacancy in patrol with hire date of November 6, 2018 and a starting salary of $32,152. He is already a certified officer and will be a lateral transfer as he has met all requirements of Civil Service. Position has a one year probationary period, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks.
- Consider approving recommendation of re-hiring of David Hart to fill an existing vacancy as rank of Patrolman with hire date of November 6, 2018 and a starting salary of $32,152. He previously resigned within the past six months and left in good standing. He has met all Civil Service requirements. Position has a one year probationary period, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks.
- Consider approving sole source purchase of three (3) Stalker dual- 2 antenna radar system from Stalker Radar/Applied Concepts for the amount of $4,819.50 (117-200-919), as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. P-9.
- Consider approving recommendation to hire Constance Hall to fill the position of Evidence Technician with a hire date of November 6, 2018 and a starting salary of $28,496. Position has a one year probationary period, as requested
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
- Consider approving request to approve Richard Lansdale to take 128 hours vacation time for a trip to Hong Kong from 2/20/19 to 3/13/19, per handbook anything beyond 80 hours must be approved by the Board of Aldermen, as requested by Russell Holliman, Public Works Director.
- Consider approving advertising for bids for a new Dump Truck for the Public Works Department, as requested by Russell Holliman, Public Works Director.
- Consider approving advertising for the position of Operator II at a rate of $10.00 per hour due to the lateral transfer of Johnnie Jones Public Works maintenance to the Police Department Community Service/Animal Control Officer position, as requested by Russell Holliman, Public Works Director.
- Consider approving request to move Rickey Parker from Operator III to maintenance at a rate of $13.00 per hour and move Barry Necaise to Operator III at a rate of $ 13.00 per hour, with no increase to the budget, as requested by Russell Holliman, Public Works Director.
- Consider approving the pavement of the following roads in the amount of $171,459.71, as requested by Mayor McDermott. PW-5.
- Woodman Ave
- Asmard Street
- Public Works Entrance
- Public Works
- Robinson Street
- Kelly Cove
- Fleitas Ave
- Consider declaring the following vehicles listed below located at the Police Department (200) as surplus to be disposed of and removed from City inventory and insurance, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks.
- 2009 Ford F150 VIN# 1FTRF12265NB70187
- 2009 Ford Crown Victoria # 2FAFP71V38X168856
- 2006 Ford Crown Victoria # 2FAFP71V48X132061
- Consider declaring the following items listed below located at Public Works as surplus/ disposal and remove from City inventory. Items are broken and not repairable, as requested by Russell Holliman, Public Works Director. CA-2.
- Porter Cable Tool Kit Combo Asset # 02047
- Tool box from Toyota Tacoma unit #5 No Asset
- Consider approving Claims Docket in the amount of $333,679.12. CD-1.
- Consider going into Executive Session to discuss Harbor Department issue, as requested by Harbormaster Davis.
THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN WILL ALLOW RESIDENTS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH A THREE-MINUTE TIME LIMIT ON EACH SPEAKER. NO PUBLIC QUESTIONING COMMENTS ARE ALLOWED DURING THE MEETING, UNLESS THE BOARD RECOGNIZES SUCH PERSON.