Download and print out an application form corresponding to the position you are interested in:
General employees: Application (for non Civil Service positions)
Firefighters: Application (Fire Positions only)
Drug Policy non D.O.T.
Drug Policy for D.O.T. C.D.L. positions (primarily Public Works)
The City of Pass Christian is currently accepting applications for the position of Harbor Patrol. The starting pay for this position is $9.00 per hour. Selected candidates will be required to work any shift. For a complete job description, click here or pick up at City Hall, 200 W. Scenic Drive, Pass Christian, Ms. 39571 between the hours of 8a.m. to 5p.m.
All interested individuals may submit an application at Pass Christian City Hall or mail to the City of Pass Christian, Attention: City Clerk 200 W. Scenic Dr., Pass Christian, Ms. 39571.
Deadline for submittal of application is July 20, 2018 before 4:00p.m.
The City of Pass Christian reserves the right to refuse any and all applications received. The City of Pass Christian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The City of Pass Christian Civil Service Commission is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Applications will be kept on file and will be considered current for a period of one (1) year from the date of filing. Current applicants will be sent a hiring process letter to address on file at the beginning of each hiring cycle. Applications must be received at City Hall, 200 W. Scenic Drive, Pass Christian, Ms. during operating hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday.
Applicants must be:
: at least 18 years of age,
: in good physical condition
: possess a High School diploma or equivalent
: be a registered elector in the county in which he/she resides.
Full time positions are covered by Civil Service. The City of Pass Christian reserves the right to refuse any and all applications. The City of Pass Christian is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
City of Pass Christian
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Revised: 6.3.2015
EEO Class: Technical
Reports to: Harbor Master
Directly Supervises: Non-Supervisory
Under general supervision, with limited enforcement authority, operates a City vehicle patrolling parking zones in the Harbor area, enforcing the City’s Harbor Rules and Regulations and other applicable ordinances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTONS:
The following duties are not inclusive of all duties, and the incumbent performs other related duties, as required.
1. Issues parking citations for violations of the City’s parking ordinance and other related ordinances/statutes.
2. Operates a City vehicle patrolling the Harbor area relative to parking enforcement, traffic control, and related patrol duties.
3. Assists the public in answering questions on the City’s Harbor Rules and Regulations, City services, and other related information.
4. Observes while on patrol other violations and reports these to the proper authority for response.
5. Operates a radio and maintains communication with Dispatch Center.
6. Performs traffic control, delivery, and escort duties as assigned.
7. Patrols Harbor and boat areas to prevent and detect signs of intrusion.
8. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
9. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or
property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual
10.Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure
operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS
1. Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures and strategies to
promote effective local, State or national security operations for the
protection of people, data, property and premises.
2. Knowledge of the City’s Harbor parking and other applicable ordinances.
3. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and
personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting
quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
4. Knowledge of safety practices/procedures in operating a City vehicle.
5. Ability to safely operate and maintain a City vehicle.
6. Ability to read and understand the City’s Harbor’s Rules and Regulations
and other related regulations.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow
employees and the public.
8. Ability to complete necessary reports relative to parking citations and
other related incident reports required by the Police Department
including data entry of activity into a computer terminal.
9. Ability to write clearly and concisely for completing citations and other
related report forms.
10.Ability to work outside for at least 12 hours a day in all types of weather.
11.Ability to work in closed spaces.
12.Must be able to swim.
13.Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Graduation from high school or G.E. D.
2. One year or more of experience working with the public.
3. Possession of a valid State of Mississippi driver’s license at the time of
appointment or the ability to obtain one within thirty (30) days, and a
driving record acceptable to the City’s Risk Manager.
4. Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that
provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities will be accepted.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details necessary
to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill
typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an
all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as
assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to
equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.