Download The Latest Agenda
The Agenda included in the download includes relevant exhibits.
Download The Latest Audio
Click the button below to download the latest audio .mp3 file.
(Please Download the PDF to view any related exhibits.)
CITY OF PASS CHRISTIAN
MEETING OF THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN
MAY 19, 2020 6:00 P.M.
1. Call to Order
2. Prayer and Pledge
3. Roll Call
1. Consider approving minutes of the May 5, 2020 Regular Mayor and Board of Aldermen meeting, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. A-1.
2. Consider ratifying proclaiming May 16, 2020 Parks to Kids Day in Pass Christian, as requested by Mayor McDermott. A-2.
3. Consider ratifying proclaiming May 11-15, 2020 Salvation Army Week in Pass Christian, as requested by Mayor McDermott. A-3.
4. Consider appointing Betty Sparkman to the Park Commission replacing Merri Haines term ending March 20, 2021, as requested by Alderwoman Charlot.
5. Consider adopting resolution in support of requesting the allocation of a portion of the Coronavirus Relief Fund to create an emergency Tourism Recovery Fund for the State, as requested by Mayor McDermott. A-5.
6. Consider approving payment to Land Shapers for invoice 202569 in the amount of $35,326.38 to be paid from the following: As requested by Marian Governor, City Clerk. A-6.
· $14,312.35 from 139-301-911 (remaining funds of HB2002 appropriation funding)
· $21,041.03 from 117-300-911
7. Consider authorizing and closing HB2002 Hancock Bank account ending in 4722 once the final payment to Land Shapers has cleared account, as requested by Marian Governor, City Clerk.
8. Consider accepting check in the sum of $40,212.35 from HCUA for the City’s share of the
settlement with the City of Gulfport concerning the dispute with the HCUA over the countywide solid waste contract, as requested by Malcolm Jones, City Attorney. A-8.
9. Consider awarding quote for sanitizing City Hall/Municipal Court prior to reopening
City Offices on Monday, June 1, 2020 to ________________________________ in the amount of
$________, as requested by Maria Mena, A/P/Accounts Payable. A-9.
10. Consider ratifying designating May 15, 2020 as Peace Officers Memorial Day in the City
of Pass Christian as proclaimed by Governor Tate Reeves and President Trump. A-10.
11. Consider authorizing the proposal from Motorola Solutions in the amount of $214,000 to update and replace the current CAD/RMS System for the Police Department and new Dispatch Center. The City will remit $116,500 as budgeted for this fiscal year and the remaining balance will be paid through a lease purchase plan over a 5-year period, as requested by Marian Governor. A-11.
12. Consider discussing the reopening of City basketball courts and splash pad.
1. Consider ratifying accepting FF River Young resignation as full time Fire Fighter with an
effective date of May 4, 2020 and pay him for any comp-time and vacation pay per City
policy that he may have accrued while employed, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon.
2. Consider approving request to hire River Johnson as a recruit Firefighter. His starting
salary will be $32,148.00, hire date of June 3, 2020 and a one-year probationary period. His physical and drug screen has been completed, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon.
3. Consider approving request to send the following Fire Department personnel to travel to
Ocala, FL to inspect new fire engine, prior to the release of engine from factory to Sunbelt
Fire. Travel arrangements and travel costs associated with the trip will be provided by
Sunbelt Fire and E-One. Dates to TBD due to COVID-19 closings. Original dates
projected was the week after Memorial Day, but believe this will likely be pushed back,
as requested by Fire Chief Gordon.
· D. Gordon
· D. Woodman
· A. Purchner
4. Consider approving request to pay Capt. Andy Purchner down on Comp Time. He
currently is over the FLSA allowed hours. Request 353.48 hours to be paid at $12.85/hr
totaling $4542.22 and amend the budget accordingly, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon.
5. Consider ratifying application by PC Fire Department for COVID – 19 Supplemental
AFG – S Grant for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and supplies to respond to the
COVID 0-19 public health emergency. (There is a 5% local cash match and a requirement
to maintain at least 80% of past aggregate eligible expenditures for the prior two fiscal
years. Application was required to be filed by May 15, 2020. See excerpts of Grant
Requirements attached. As requested by Fire Chief Gordon. F-5.
6. Consider approving request to accept $5,000 donation from Carl J. Brown Estate/ Mary B.
Springer, Administrator and adjust fund 001-220-505 account accordingly, as requested
by Fire Chief Gordon. F-6.
1. Consider approving request to accept $5,000 donation from Carl J. Brown Estate/ Mary B. Springer, Administrator and adjust account accordingly, as requested by Police Chief Freeman. P-1.
· $2500 in 001-200-535 Uniforms
· $2500 in 001-200-919 Machinery and Equipment
2. Consider approving Evidence Technician Connie Hall annual membership to International Association for Property and Evidence, Inc. Annual membership fee is $50.00, as requested by Police Chief Freeman. P-2.
1. Consider discussing applying late fees beginning with the bill due June 10th and disconnection of services for non-payment to follow. Do not disconnect order by Mississippi Public Service Commission will end May 26, 2020, as requested by Jennifer Lizana, Utility Billing Supervisor.
2. Consider adopting resolution allowing credit to customer account (Cordells, 549 E. Scenic Drive) for $1618.20 for sewer services that were not used based on part of their sprinkler system was tied into their house meter without their knowledge, as requested by Jennifer Lizana, Utility Billing Supervisor. W-2.
3. Consider adopting policy allowing water manager to approve payment plans for past due balances for up to six months and not to exceed $1,000.00 for customers not able to pay
their past due bills in the standard payment arrangement time frame, as requested by Jennifer Lizana, Utility Billing Supervisor.
4. Consider allowing temporary waiver of administrative fee of $25.00 to customers subject to disconnection who are subject to disconnection with two months past due and have requested a payment arrangement, not to exceed 21 days, as requested by Jennifer Lizana, Utility Billing Supervisor.
1. Consider Charles A Ramsey’s appeal of the Pass Christian Historic Preservation Commission’s denial of the request to demolish the house at 845 E Scenic Drive, Parcel #0413B-01-011.000. As requested by Danit Simon, City Planner, supporting documents attached (Mr. Ramsey’s appeal letter, photographs of the house, and the meeting minutes will be emailed to the Mayor & Aldermen prior to the meeting). PD-1.
1. Consider approving request to send Officers Travis Thomas and Jacob Locklar to a 480-hour Harrison County Law Enforcement Academy Course and Certification beginning May 31, 2020 in Biloxi, MS. Tuition is $3,600 each ($7,200) and use of a City vehicle, as requested by Police Chief Freeman. CA-1.
2. Consider approving request to modify dates of the annual MS Association of Chiefs of Police Summer Conference from June 16-19, 2020 to September 28, 2020 to October 2, 2020 in Biloxi, MS. Tuition is $325 and reimbursable from MSACP, as requested by Police Chief Freeman. CA-2. (Previously approved at the March 17, 2020 BOA meeting)
3. Consider accepting Oath of Office from Travis Thomas as Police Officer, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. CA-3.
4. Consider declaring the following laptops surplus and disposal. Items are broken and not repairable and will be scrapped, as requested by Police Chief Freeman. CA-4.
· Dell Latitude S/N G99W4R1
· HP Compaq MX6310 S/N CNU6341788 Asset #291
· HP Compaq MX6310 S/N CNU634182F Asset #289
5. Consider approving payment of the following Overstreet & Associates invoices totaling
$8,335.00, as recommended by Bob Escher, City Engineer. CA-5.
§ Invoice 1410 $ 750.00 Annual Unit Price Repair
§ Invoice 1411 $ 600.00 FY2020 Tidelands
§ Invoice 1412 $ 77.50 Water Meter Replacement
§ Invoice 1413 $ 300.00 Annual Unit Price Repair
§ Invoice 1414 $ 827.50 FY2020 Tidelands
§ Invoice 1415 $ 5,780.00 City Engineering Services
6. Consider receiving monthly Budget Report for April 2020 from City Clerk, as
requested by Marian Governor, City Clerk. CA-6.
1. Consider approving Claims Docket in the amount of $43,626.80. CD-1.
THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN WILL ALLOW RESIDENTS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH A THREE-MINUTE TIME LIMIT ON EACH SPEAKER. NO PUBLIC QUESTIONING COMMENTS ARE ALLOWED DURING THE MEETING, UNLESS THE BOARD RECOGNIZES SUCH PERSON.