Download the December 18th agenda including any exhibits
Please wait a moment for the download, as it may be a large file.
(Need Adobe Reader? Click here if your having trouble opening the file)
Download the December 4th Board Meeting audio MP3 file
The most recent audio file will not be available until the day after the meeting.
New agendas are posted the day prior to the meeting.
CITY OF PASS CHRISTIAN
MEETING OF THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN
DECEMBER 18, 2018, 6:00 P.M.
- Call to Order
- Prayer and Pledge
- Roll Call
- Bid Opening for City Dump Truck
- Consider approving proclamation honoring Janet French McElroy, native and longtime resident of Pass Christian, who has humbly devoted her life and financial resources to the City of Pass Christian, as requested by Mayor McDermott. A-1.
- Consider approving minutes of the December 4, 2018 Regular Mayor and Board of Aldermen meeting, as requested by Dawn Sanders, Deputy City Clerk. A-2.
- Consider adopting Resolution declaring Glock 30 – 45 Caliber handgun previously assigned to Harbormaster as surplus property upon resignation of Harbormaster and authorizing same to be disposed of by private sale for $1.00 to Willie Davis when he resigns his employment. A-3.
- Consider re-appointing Willie Cox and Bruce Anthony to the Zoning Board, term ending November, 2021, as requested by Chipper McDermott, Mayor.
- Consider re-appointing Amy Wood, Dorothy Roberts and Danny Taylor to the Historical Preservation Commission, term ending December 31, 2022, as requested by Mayor, Chipper McDermott.
- Consider approving engagement letter with Wright, Ward, Hatten and Guel for the 2017-2018 audit, as requested by Marian Gest. A-6.
- Consider approving donation to 2019 Gulf Coast Legislative Reception in the amount of $250.00 to be used in support of economic and culinary diversity on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, this bringing favorable notice and resources and opportunities of the City, as requested by Mayor, Chipper McDermott. A-7.
- Consider approving agreement with Mississippi Power for the installation of one LED light fixture on Highway 90 and Davis Ave. for $59.26 per month including repair and maintenance for minimum three year term, subject to ratification or cancellation by succeeding administration after the expiration of the current term of office, as requested by Mayor McDermott. A-8.
- Consider holding a Public Hearing to review the Planning Commission’s recommendation to approve Application PD-51-2018, Craig Smith as agent of Charles V & Charlotte Ann Leggett, 729 E Scenic Drive, Planning Commission Approval for a Guest House (Outbuilding) in the Second Layer, in the T3E Estate Zone, as requested by Danit Simon, City Planner. PD-1.
- Consider approving the Pass Christian Tree Board’s recommendation to approve Tyler Watters request to remove one live oak tree at 913 E 2nd Street, due to the roots causing damage to the house, as requested by Danit Simon, City Planner. PD-2.
- Consider approving the Pass Christian Tree Board’s recommendation to approve James Roach’s request to remove two dying live oak trees at 800 W Beach Boulevard. As requested by Danit Simon, City Planner. PD-3.
- Consider approving a refund request for Mr. Dale Matthews for $285. Mr. Matthews paid $375 for permit # 180264, but has since change his plans and now the permit fee is only $90. PD-4.
- Consider approving request to award bid to Krol Electric for installing 400 amp transfer switch and 200 amp 4 wire-plug and box for generator cord tie in at existing service point of station in the amount of $3,645.00, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon. F-1.
- Consider approving request to purchase Custom Fire Engine from E-One/Sunbelt Fire under MS State Contract #8200027989, for $450,000.00 after trade in and discounts, including pre-payment option, and authorize advertising for financing, as requested by Fire Chief Gordon.
- Consider approving transfer of petty cash funds in the amount of $100.00 from Willie Davis to Jennifer Lizana, as request by Marian Gest, City Clerk.
- Consider request by Paul Harris (Slip No. P315) to allow his boat to remain in the Harbor while he attempts to sell same. [Mr. Harris’ slip rental contract was cancelled at the 11/20 meeting due to his failure to evacuate the Harbor during Tropical Storm Gordon.] In the alternative, consider request by Paul Harris for additional time to move his vessel in January of 2019. H-2.
- Consider declaring used ammunition shell casings (approx. 1,561 lbs.) at the Pass Christian Police Department Firing Range at Espy Avenue as surplus and authorizing disposal of same to CW Mobile Service, LLC of Gulfport, MS, for the sum of $1,561.00 as a sole source, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. P-1.
- Consider approving purchase of 18 Glock 9mm handguns and five Glock 45 handguns from The Southern Connection Police Supplies, LLC in the amount of $3,480.50, utilizing $2,891 from the proceeds of surplus property (brass shells and found guns). The remaining balance of $589.50 to be paid from equipment line item. The listed guns in the police inventory will be traded in and removed from inventory, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. P-2.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
- Consider declaring used auto parts and signs at the Pass Christian Public Works Department as surplus and authorizing disposal of same to CW Mobile Service, LLC of Gulfport, MS, for the sum of $1,143.93,as requested by Russell Holliman, Public Works Director. PW-1.
- Consider authorizing purchase of 300 barricades from Crowd Control Warehouse at a cost of $22,959.83 to be paid from 489-301-919, as requested by Russell Holliman, Public Works Director. PW-2
- Consider rescinding decision of the City dated August 15, 2017, to select Garner Russell & Associates as the engineering firm for preliminary and construction engineering and construction inspection services for the MDOT North Street Sidewalk Project (STP -9363-00(001) LPA/107343 administered through Gulf Regional Planning and Development District and to authorize the selection of the Neel Schaffer engineering firm to provide such services for this project, as requested by Malcolm Jones, City Attorney. L-1.
- Consider approving agreement between the City of Pass Christian and the Pass Christian School District for the continued maintenance and operation of two sewer lift stations owned by the School District situated at or near the High School facility at 720 W. North Street, Pass Christian, MS. [This agreement was approved by the School Board on December 11, 2018. Upon approval the City will authorize its surveyor, Daniel Overstreet, to perform the two surveys to create legal descriptions for the easements that the School District will grant to the City. The estimated cost of the surveys is $1,980.00.] L-2
- Consider adopting Ordinance (672) vacating a portion of the eastern end of Baywood Drive, as requested by Malcolm Jones, City Attorney. L-3.
- Consider accepting Drainage Easement from Malcolm L. Dinwiddie, Jr., and wife, Claudia N. Dinwiddie, for drainage project near 614 E. Second Street, as requested by Malcolm Jones, City Attorney. L-4.
- Consider adopting Resolution granting Tax Exemption for City ad valorem taxes for improvements only (and not County or School District taxes) for the tax years of 2018 through 2022 for the Pass Christian Hotel, 116 W. Scenic Drive, for Nicaud Holdings, LLC for Tax Parcel No. 313G-03-001.000, as requested by Malcolm Jones, City Attorney. L-5.
- Consider adopting Resolution granting Tax Exemption for City ad valorem taxes for improvements only (and not County or School District taxes) for the tax years of 2018 through 2022 for the commercial building and apartments at 220 and 222 E. Scenic Drive for Eagan Management Group, LLC, for Tax Parcel Nos. 313H-02-096.000 and 313H-02-097.000, as requested by Malcolm Jones, City Attorney. L-6.
- Consider adopting Resolution granting Tax Exemption for City ad valorem taxes for improvements only (and not County or School District taxes) for the tax years of 2018 through 2022 for the commercial building at 118 Davis Avenue for Sazerac Group, LLC, for Tax Parcel No. 313H-02-014.000, as requested by Malcolm Jones, City Attorney. L-7.
- Consider discussing potential ways to spend Legislative funds, as requested by Mayor McDermott.
- Consider ratifying request to send Shawn Jerone, I.T. Manager, to a 1-day Microsoft Security and Networking Seminar in New Orleans, LA. Admission is free and request use of city vehicle, as requested by Shawn Jerone, IT Director.
- Consider ratifying request to send Officers JW Dedeaux, Stepheonn Johnson, Kandice Clayton and Joshua Williams to a one-day Cultural Competency Training class held December 17, 2018 in Biloxi. Tuition is free and use of a City vehicle is required, as requested by Police Chief Hendricks. CA-2.
- Consider approving payment of the following A. Garner Russell & Associates, Inc. invoices totaling $6,196.25, as recommended by City Engineer. CA-3.
- Invoice 22681 $ 421.25 Tidelands 2017
- Invoice 22682 $ 750.00 Tidelands 2018
- Invoice 22683 $ 80.00 Tidelands 2019
- Invoice 22684 $ 3,90000 Mooring Pile Replacement 2018
- Invoice 22685 $ 1,045.00 614 East Second Street Drainage
- Consider declaring the items listed below located at the Public Works Department as surplus and disposal and remove from City inventory. Items are broken and not repairable and will be scrapped, as requested by Russell Holliman, Public Works Director.
- 26 Metal Barricades
- Consider receiving monthly Budget Report for November 2018 from City Clerk, as requested by Marian Gest, City Clerk. CA-5. (Will be provided prior to BOA)
- Consider approving Claims Docket in the amount of $89,244.29. CD-1.
- Consider approving Claims Docket in the amount of $494.95. CD-2.
- Consider going into executive session for discussion of development and course of action for security personnel at Harbor after resignation of Harbormaster.
THE MAYOR AND BOARD OF ALDERMEN WILL ALLOW RESIDENTS AN OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK WITH A THREE-MINUTE TIME LIMIT ON EACH SPEAKER. NO PUBLIC QUESTIONING COMMENTS ARE ALLOWED DURING THE MEETING, UNLESS THE BOARD RECOGNIZES SUCH PERSON.